Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Are You a E.T. Phone Home or He-Man Person?

I acquired these two Lunchboxes maybe 4 years back. My Friend Lina was cleaning out her husbands garage & came across the E.T. And Heman Throwback Lunch Pails; she thought I would like them. She thinks I have a wild collections of things, and she wanted to add to it. She didn't really care if I kept them or sold them.  I held on to them for 3 years, before I sold one on eBay.

The first was a E.T. Lunchbox with thermos. It was in pretty good condition, except for name wrote on inside: also it still had the thermos in good condition also. I remember seeing this movie in the theater, when it came out, with my Sister, from the Big Brothers and Sisters program. In the 1980s the School PTA, use to sell movie tickets to matinee movies. You got into the movie as a kid for a dollar, and the adult paid full price. The part of the show that still sticks out to me, is Drew Barrymore in the pile of stuffed animalsin the closet. Also when Elliot was flying away with ET on the Bike; then who could forget the famous scene on the lunchbox. When The extraterrestrial says "E.T Phone Home." If you did not know it E.T. stood for extraterrestrial in the movie.  The last scene is the trail of Resse's Pieces to find his way.  That candy blew-up and everyone was eating them. Box Office Profits on the Movie, were the best in years and held the most money for many years.  I think it took 15 to 20 years before it was released on Video/ DVD.

At times I do a lot of ebay selling. I need to get my website up and learn to put my ebay post on the listings. I put it on eBay a couple times, at different times in the 3 years I had it. It sold on eBay for $45, after the third time up for auction. Pretty lucky person, that scored on the lunchbox. $45 is a steal of a deal, for one with a thermos with it.

The second lunchbox was a He-Man Master of Universe.  I loved thos Cartoon as a kid. It was on The USA Cartoon Train in the late 1980s. It ran at the same time as GI Joe, Sheera, Thundercats and Gobots/ Transformers.  A three hour Rock Block of Real Cartoons. I kept this one, up until my sale in Eugene, Oregon at the end of March this year.  I just wanted rid of it. I threw a $20 sale sticker on it.  A few people looked at it; no one opened it up; if they had , they would have seen the thermos still in it. It was in poor condition, because the lid was broke, but you could replace that.  A man and his wfe came by the booth. He spotted it, and got really excited. He took it down and opened it. He was delighted the Thermos was in it, even in its condition.

He started to tell me a story, as having one of these when he was a teen. He was beaming with excitement. He then went on to tell me, he was a collector and had a few other Lunchboxes. He looked at the price and said, "You gotta be kidding me 20 is it." I told him with the thermos and a name wrote on inside of box, why not twenty.  He told me it is his find of the day. He pulled out Twenty dollar bill, and thanked me. Off with his Treasure him and his wife went. He was talking her ear of about his find down the aisle they headed off.

All in all, $65 dollars, for something we paid nothing for, is a real good profit; I can't complain about it at all. Plus it is 2 more things out of this house of Quirky Kaboodles.  I think I will talk a little bit about some of my art collection next.  I started out with the 1 Wolf Piece, I wrote about in my blog. Now my collection is out of control, and I need to sell some of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment