Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Some of my Trippy and Eclectic Art Collection

I have a pretty interesting collection of art. A lot of Marilyn Monroe prints, some Andy Warhol Prints, Lot of Lithio's of Rembrandt, Print of Stary Night form Van Gogh, and a Perfect Replica Oil Painting, from the early 1900's. I will touch on that painting in this blog post. I am highlighting 3 of my works of art this post. All are interesting, and I hope spark your interest. Feel free to comment, and leave your thoughts on these art pieces.

The first is a Fabulous Vintage 1969 Zodiac Horoscope Calendar, that I found on the side of the road; right around the block from my street. My street is a pretty hippie vegan neighborhood. The have vegan/ vegetarian potlucks and barbecues. At squash harvest time, they have a Zucchini Potluck; all of the dishes are made from zucchini; then they have a zucchini party playing dress-up Zucchini Runway. The best is the Cucumber party, where they make cucumber boats and race them.  I have done a little research on the calendar, that is clear coated. to a thick hard rectangle wood. It seems to be from the Artist Harry Wysocki. He has done a lot of vintage works from this period. Check his stuff out. Are you asking yourself what the second piece could be.

I will tell you about that Vincent Van Gogh I found in Goodwill. It looked very real. So much the cashier thought I should have it looked at. It is a painting Called La Berceuse, which means Lullaby or Woman who Rocks Cradle. If you look at it, you can see where Van Gogh, has super imposed his face, onto the woman's face.  It looked pretty real, and had other people think so to. I contacted a Appraiser. For $100 they would research it, and see if it was worth doing more testing on. I sent the $100. After a week I heard back. The original hangs in the Chicago Museum of Art. Now why they would want to even look at mine, if the original is in a museum, is beyond me; I feel a bit cheated out of a $100. They said it was a very good replica, made in the early 1900's. Even like that< it could still be sold for a good profit. The third is so awesome.

It is one of my more favorite works. It is a Original Jim Snook Drawing. Jim Snook has his Studio in Klamath Falls, Oregon. His stuff is a lot of out in the wood cartoons. The drawing I have is called 'Cal O` The Wild. You can see the humor the artist has. The guy in the photo, goes and squats on some poison oak. He takes off; he trips over a stick; then his gun discharging, and shooting a nest of bee's. What a hoot-a-nanny happening in this picture. The Animals are loving what they see. Now you can see why I like this one a lot; it makes a person laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment