Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Making A Serious Living Out of Selling our Quirky Kaboodles @ "The World's Largest Garage Sale"

I want to share this blog post with you, of a more recent event that Cindy and I took part in.  It was a small dream come true, and will give you a bit more info on my collective life. 

I have not had a lot of time for any Social Media these days. My life has been Consumed with Extreme Spring Cleaning, with one Major Goal in Mind; that goal was reached on the last Saturday, in March this year. Our collection of Quirky Kaboodles collected from the far reaches of the house, and sold in one Huge SALE!!! Every year in Eugene, there is a Rummage Swap Sale held at the Convention Center, with 30-50 vendors; this year we bought a booth.  It was $60 for 10x10 booth. They call Event “The World’s Largest Garage Sale”.


Well I think we could make a serious living, if we were to take this on Full Time.  I took the past month, to go through the house and garage. I collected everything we wanted to sell, that we had collected over 11 years together. Don't let me fool you, our house still looks like an eclectic hodgepodge museum of our many collections. We spent  a few hours packing almost everything in the truck; looked like we were going to make a second trip. After we arrived at the convention center, we set our table and shelves up. we then started staging our things, to sell the next day. 


Saturday we arrived at 7:30 AM, the function started at 9am. We finished setting up, what we had to bring in the second load today. They decoded to open up at 8:30 and we were busy almost right away.  This sold and that sold; before we knew it almost a 1/3 of our Kaboodles were gone by 12:30. During the next 3 hours we sold at least half our inventory.  At 4 we started packing up to go home. After we did all that, it was time to count the money. To our astonishment, we raked in $425 dollars. To top it all off, I only bought one item; a Pink Floyd The Wall Vinyl LP.  I cannot wait for next year. We will be collecting all year, especially during "Hippie Christmas" time.

 SO MUCH FUN!!! THANK YOU Cindy For all your help and hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment